Monday, February 9, 2009

The KISS principle....

Nigel Calder is one of my boating hero's. He is currently building a Malo 46 with lots of the state of the art stuff. In the long term this will pay great dividends for the sailing community, however, this is a comment from his blog;

"They began building the boat in November (2007). It’s already proving to be considerably more stressful than I, or they, anticipated, and in fact Hans Leander, their designer (who is fantastic) remarked in Week 1 that “if we had had any idea what we were getting into, we would have refused to build this boat!” I’ve been feeling a bit the same way: we are uncomfortably close to the bleeding edge, rather than the leading edge, of new technology."

Check out his blog

For the rest of us I believe the KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) principle should govern our boat renovation actions.

2 comments:

builder said...

yeah, but wheres the fun in keeping it "simple"?

The Incredible Hull said...

Yes, I know, but I am going to the Miami Boat Show this W/E and the post was a reminder to myself not to buy any of the state of the "next years art" stuff.