Friday, August 9, 2013

Bowsprit, bobstay etc.....

Bobstay and bobstay plate installed.  My friend Rhys suggested adding "a second hole (on the lower plate) that can carry a waterline rode snubber".  I did not have this option as I bought the bowsprit already made.  I have seen this on a few boats and had thought it an interesting idea. 




Should be robust enough.




My late friend Patrick's boat "Gaia" for comparison purposes.  The location of my lower plate was dictated by the shape of the bow.


3 comments:

Rhys said...

That indeed looks like a serious chunk of attachment point!

Do you have any special plans to paint the boltheads or otherwise separate the dissimilar (I am assuming) metals of plate and fasteners?

The Incredible Hull said...

No, both are 316 Stainless steel.

builder said...

Very nice