Monday, August 30, 2010

Saloon starboard storage

There are a variety of storage layouts on the W42's/Brewer42's. Mine is as shown below. I will be leaving the lower part as is, but the top consists of, two book shelves on the left, the famous bar and drop down table in the center and a drawer, pull hatch, drawer on the right.


(photo borrowed from the web, if its your and you want it removed, e-mail me)

My issues/plans are as follows;

1. As I am messy and my wife is a neat-nick the library will have to have a louvered door.

2. The original bar only had space for 18 bottles (the boat was obviously not aimed at the Irish market). This area will be converted to shelving with possibly a flat screen TV in front.

3. I tend to jam stuff in drawers causing them to jam and not open. This area will be shelved will also have a louvered door. This is what I would like to end up with, except that I would prefer one door instead to the double opening (easier to clip open / lock at sea.;


(photo borrowed from the web, if its your and you want it removed, e-mail me)


While everything was ripped out I took the opportunity to do some painting.




No comments: